Schedule an Appointment
What are lip fillers?
Typically consisting of organic ingredients and hyaluronic acid, lip fillers are a series of gel injections which go directly into the lips to create a look of natural fullness and to enhance lip definition. La Perla Med Spa offers 2 filler options:
- Juvederm: Juvederm lip injections offer plump, natural looking, softer lips. These injections offer volume, and help to smooth out out vertical lip lines. Juvederm is known for its long duration, short downtime, and minimal bruising. In contrast with other lip fillers, juvaderm can last up to 12 months, and swelling usually goes down in 1-2 days. It’s main ingredient, Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body which aids in hydration and function. Juvederm lip fillers also contain lidocaine, a pain reliever.
- Restylane: Restylane lip injections are very effective for smoothing wrinkles around the lips, improving lip definition, and adding plumpness. Generally, Retylane results last around 3-6 months. Restylane is also with hyaluronic acid supplemented with lidocaine.
Our doctor will advise you on the best course of treatment for you, and guide you in choosing the filler that suits your needs and goals.
What are the benefits of receiving lip fillers?
Lip Fillers are a safe and semi-permanent way to augment the lips based on the natural shape of your face. Other benefits include:
- Added hydration to the lips.
- Restoration of lost volume and add definition to the lip line.
- Specific symmetrical augmentation done on just the top or bottom lip to balance out lip symmetry and enhance appearance.
- A poutier appearance with less fine lines around the mouth.
How do I prepare for my procedure?
Prior to undergoing treatment, it’s crucial to avoid products that produce blood thinning effects. These include medications like aspirin, ibuprofen and motrin as well as supplements like fish oil for 1 week prior to receiving your injections. Professionals also recommend consuming leafy greens before your appointment. Foods like spinach and kale contain large amounts of vitamin K, which is proven to help prevent bruising.
What occurs during a lip filler procedure?
To begin, our doctor will discuss your needs and expectations with you. With that in mind- he/she will precisely mark the injections sites on your lips. Next, the injection site will be sterilized with an antibacterial supplement. You will be offered an anesthetic in the form of an injection or topical ointment. While the lip filler procedure may produce slight pain, this discomfort is typically manageable and dissipates quickly. Once the preliminary steps are complete, each site will be injected and massaged. Your Doctor will then evaluate each of the areas, confirming the effectiveness of each injection and adding additional filler as needed. Finally, you’ll be given an ice pack to reduce swelling and alleviate any lingering pain from the procedure. Note that the length of the procedure varies, and can last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
What should I expect after undergoing treatment?
While lip filler procedures don’t require any down time, patients should abstain from working out or engaging in strenuous physical activity for the first 24-48 hours after treatment. It’s not uncommon to experience some degree of swelling and bruising following your procedure. In these instances, simply apply ice or massage the injection sites, which can alleviate issues in as little as 2 hours.
How long do lip fillers last?
Effects from lip fillers can vary in length from patient to patient, but typically last between 3 to 12 months depending on filler type.Call Us