You survived your first winter storm of the season, the temperatures just won’t stop dropping… the days are getting shorter, and there is Christmas music everywhere: it’s official- winter is upon us. If you are sunchaser like myself the winter months can be a bit rough on the psyche. Beyond wreaking havoc on our emotions- winter weather can also suck the moisture out of your skin, leaving you with a dull, dry and flakey complexion…don’t even get me started on chapped lips!
Obviously our experts at La Perla Med Spa has services that can help you fight the winter worries…But there are actually some perks to those dark, chilly nights in the most unexpected of ways! Beyond being flash frozen- cooler temperatures can be helpful with anti-ageing properties!
So when that pumpkin spice latte is not is not enough to get you out of the winter doldrums think about these benefits for your skin!
1. Nature’s ice pack…Cold weather promotes blood circulation in both the face and body – reducing inflammation and swelling to the eyes and face.It’s why cold showers benefit the skin. Cold water tightens your cuticles and pores, which will prevent them from getting clogged. The chilly water can ‘seal’ the pores in the skin, preventing dirt from getting in. Hot water has the tendency to dry out our skin.
2. Believe it or not- cold weather may actually clear your pores!! Cooler weather can be considered an astringent for the skin– reducing clogs and keeping them less visible and refined. Cold weather also slows down and prevents the secretion of sebum, which waterproofs the skin and hair, keeping shine at bay and reducing symptoms of acne.
3. Rest up! Getting a good night’s sleep is vital for your health – especially your skin! It reduces circles under the eyes and makes your complexion glow. Lots of us suffer sleeplessness in the summer heat. Coldness mimics the body’s natural drop in internal temperature, which occurs around two hours after we hit the sack. Therefore, most sleep scientists believe that a slightly cool room contributes to a full night’s rest.
4. Now that you have had a good night sleep- wake up!! Think of the rejuvenating effect of splashing your face with cold water in the morning – it keeps your skin tight, vibrant and radiant. Well, cold weather works in the same way with your skin.
5. Finally- get that natural pop of color in your cheeks from the chilly temps! The cold weather causes redness in the checks. It means you can leave your blusher at home. So get out in the cold for that bright-eyed, rosy-cheeked, all-natural look.